Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Wendy and (I do NOT love) Lucy
















It's hard to talk about this movie without giving away many spoiler alerts because (surprise) not that much happens. Here's the deal: Wendy has a dog named Lucy. Wendy and Lucy are on their way to Alaska to start over with their lives. Wendy has very little money, no family or friends to chat with or send a postcards to. Basically, all Wendy has going for her is her dog. The movie takes place over a couple of days and in this time period, EVERYTHING GOES WRONG. Her car breaks down, she get's arrested for shoplifting, she only changes underwear once, she has to sleep in the woods, oh and [SPOILER ALER] she looses her dog. She spends most of the movie searching for her dog while more and more bad things happen to her.

Now, don't get me wrong. I love sad movies almost more than I love girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes or snowflakes that stay on your nose and eye lashes (to name a few). But it was just too much in this movie. I mean, all these horrible things that were happening to her took place in 2 or 3 days. One would have to imagine that other horrible things have happened to her in her trip and will continue to happen to her. So my question is, why hasn't she killed herself yet? Maybe that's too harsh. But it was like Cynthia Voigt enthusiasts decided to make a movie. For those of you who aren't familiar with Ms. Voigt, she is an author who writes fantastic YA novels where everything goes wrong and you can barely read the pages of the book because your tears have ruined the paper.

Except, Cynthia Voigt doesn't write about dogs. Now, some of you may know how I feel about talking animals. I do realize that Lucy did not say one word in this movie, but I still just wasn't feelin it and I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that the supporting actor in this movie was a dog.

So maybe I have no soul. You would not the first if you called me Stone Cold.

3 comments:

  1. You have no soul. You should have sex with this guy to get some:

    http://z.about.com/d/crime/1/0/t/6/brown.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, this movie sucked. That's why it came out in January.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right, this movie was way too much of a downer plus it was kind of boring. Michelle Williams was pretty good in it though.

    ReplyDelete